
So I went running today by myself and this is what I found in the middle of the road....a Florida Snapping Turtle. I called Dave and he came with Benjamin and the Camera. So once we got home we did some research on this crazy looking creature. A Florida snapping turtle can bite your FINGER OFF!!! No JOKE!!! We were looking at it and a lady stopped to tell us her story with a snapping turtle...she said it bit right through her SHOE!!!! Crazy!!!
6 comments:
That thing is sooo funny looking! I love your wildlife photos!
You have the strangest animals in FL. But I am sure that it is a lot of fun... especially if Benjamin is anything like Caleb. He loves animals...and he is always excited to see or learn about a new one!!
That's the craziest turtle I've ever seen. It's like a dragon turtle. Where do you find these creatures ? :)
woah! that thing is AWESOME! id want one as a pet if it wasn't like a mini alligator! I'll keep all my fingers, thank you! Kinda sad though, doesn't he need to be in water?
That thing is scary looking!!!!
After I said EW for like 5 minutes Ryan ran over and looked over at the pics and said "That's a snapping turtle. That thing will bite your finger off!" and then we read it in your blog! Go figure!! That is a nasty looking thing! Be careful! and I hope you are running in the AM so you won't over heat
Post a Comment