
OK so here is the story. Dave and I have been wanted to get a dog for the longest time. So we found the cutest Black Lab puppy for only $150.00. So who in their right mind wouldn't buy a pure breed dog for that price. So we talked ourselves into thinking that we could handle a Puppy and our 20 month old son. So we were all excited that we got this really cute puppy for a great deal....and then we got home!!! We live in a 1,300 square foot apartment with no fenced yard. The Puppy was 10 weeks and already 10 pounds. We learned that Labs are full grown by 6 months. So the puppy was romping around our apartment and Dave and I looked at each other and said "We have to take her back." So the next morning we called the breeder and told them that we didn't have a fenced yard....(technically no yard at all!!!).....and that we couldn't offer the dog the best quality of live in our current living conditions. So to make a long and very embarrassing story short....the breeder took the puppy back and now we have a great story that lasted for 12 hours!!! So now that we have the DOG bug out of us for now...we know that we won't even think about getting a dog until we have a yard. So its OK go ahead and laugh....laugh as hard as you want...everyone that we have told we laughing hysterically at us.
3 comments:
I am not laughing. I am sorry it didn't work out! I do think having a dog in a small space would be really really hard!!! I say good for you for 1st giving it a try and 2nd admiting you couldn't handle it. I say you are brave!
Don't feel too bad, you are the third person I know that has had to do that. I'm sure there will still be good deals out there when you are ready for a puppy. Until then I guess you could just teach Benjamin how to bark, sit, roll-over:) (If you do be sure to post it, that would be worth watching:))
Dave, Tiffany, I hope you didn't damage the self worth of that lab. Seriously they are really sensitive and now he has been rejected!! It might even have to go to therapy!!!
Just kidding.....this makes a great story I have one close to it but that'a for another time and place. When are you coming home????
Post a Comment